I’m always amazed to learn that people other than my family are reading my blog. Although I don’t have any desire to “go pro” blogging, it’s fun to feel included in the blogger community. Ivy from Wake Up for Makeup tagged me in a post the other day and I’m playing along.
Here’s what I’m supposed to do:
- Write 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions given by the person who nominated you.
- Create 11 new questions.
- Nominate 11 bloggers and mention them in your post.
- Thank the person that nominated you and tell the people you’ve nominated.
My 11 Random Facts
- My craziest job was as a camp counselor in Colorado. I led a mounted search party for a llama, lived in a tent that at one point became infested with pack rats and walked past horses every day to go to work in a cabin. Also, I fell out of a tree and got to experience Wilderness First Aid firsthand! I didn’t realize how pathetic I looked until a disposable camera from that summer got mailed to me a year later. Pretty crazy:
- I love to sing along to the radio (especially Oldies from the ’50s &’60s) and I know pretty much all of the words. I just don’t have good timing, so I belt the lyrics out at the wrong points. This makes Joe laugh at me.
- I ran cross country from 8th grade through senior year of high school. I wasn’t fast, but it helped me make a great group of down-t0-earth friends who still hang out when we can.
- I was allllmost on The Tonight Show for my 8th grade science project, “The Scoop on Poop.” I did one sample of a larger microbiology project at a local University studying whether or not there was pathogenic bacteria in the feces of non-migratory Canada geese. The producers asked me to send in a tape, but apparently I wasn’t geeky enough or something.
- I once rode a camel in Qatar.
- I went to Catholic school for 13 years (in the western suburbs of Chicago). I wish I still got to wear a uniform. In college, my friends threatened to nominate me for “what not to wear” because I hadn’t mastered the art of dressing.
- I am obsessed with manatees, and have been since 2nd grade, but still haven’t seen one in the wild. (Goal for my 30th birthday!)
- I made the first move to date Joe. (And in basically every other relationship.) A girl knows what she wants, OK?
- My brother and I had pet gerbils named Lucy and Ethel when we were growing up. They were males.
- I volunteered at two Living History Museums (yes, in costume) from aged 9-18. I could make a yarn doll in my sleep.
- I love to read and can get so absorbed in a book that I tune everything else out. The first time I read an entire chapter book in one sitting was Matilda, in 3rd grade. It’s still one of my favorite feelings.
My answers to Ivy’s questions and tags are below the jump…